First, I have to say how much I've enjoyed General Conference today! It started with a bang and just kept going strong. The new announcement about missionary age requirements being changed was amazing! Having a daughter planning on serving a mission, it really moves the timeline up for us. I told DJ he needs to work extra hard and get his sales going!
Second, I want to tell you what's been going on with me. The interviews went fine, still no job. Sept 11th I got a stomach bug and my life turned upside down. My body rebelled at the stress I'd been giving it and decided to take a break. Now, almost a month and two doctor visits later, I realize that the stress was too much and I'm finally starting to feel better. I'm back on my probably life long medication :( As much as I like to think I can do it on my own, I have been shown again and again that I can't. I spent two weeks in bed with a horrible stomachache. Lost a bit of weight as I didn't eat for almost a week and then very little for the next week. Ended up going through several seasons of Andy Griffin and quite a bit of BYUtv too. Finally, I'm up and at it again. I have been given a gift in that I have a much better understanding now of the trials that others go through. I'm so glad that I'm feeling better. More than anything, I have learned how important it is to let others know how much they mean to us. I just read several blog posts from family and am so grateful for each of them. Thank you for being a part of my journey! As I read of your experiences, and trials - I am grateful for your positivity, negativity and reality.
Finally, the job update: if my background check clears, I will be volunteering teaching music for an indefinite period of time at a local school. Things are interesting for us, as I know they are for you too. I'm just focusing on what we have, not what we lack. I'm so grateful for my girls and DJ. They make home what it is for me. Enjoy conference Sunday!
2 comments:
Just wanted to say that I always love your attitude. Even with the kinds of pressure and illnesses that you face, at least in your blog posts you manage to find the silver lining. And that makes me feel happy.
So sorry to hear that you've been sick - and glad that you're doing better. Hopefully your volunteer work will lead to the position you really want to have. Love you!
Post a Comment